Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Batang Promil






one of the reports featured in 24 oras for today was about separation anxiety. i didn't know what it was. i thought it was all about the jitters that the not-so-fortunate children undergo when their parents separate. i was wrong pala. i found out that this separation anxiety thing is all about children who do not want to be left in the classroom by their parents during their very first day of school. i won't bore you by blogging with regard to the technicalities of separation anxiety. i'm not that familiar about it either. i'll just make kwento about how i personally went through this sorta-kinda-lyka-parang-medyo-may-pagka separation anxiety thing.





i was three years old when i started going to school. (side kwento: ngayon ko lang na-realize na i've spent 13 years of enduring long hours of travel time via school to house and vice-versa during my angelicum college days. it took 1 1/2 hours of travelling one way. so, kapag back-and-forth, 3 hours yun! imagine, 15 hours in a week of unproductive time spent preparatory to doing productive ones! 15 hours in a week multiplied to 13 years... brilliant! good thing we didn't have to bear the burdens of commuting everyday!) my lola was the one who took me to school and fetched me come dismissal time. disclaimer: she wasn't the one driving ha! hehe.





i admit i am a lola's girl. she was the one who took care of me and my sister when we were young 'coz our parents were in abroad back then. when i was about to start going to school, she really had a hard time convincing me why i should. i cried a lot everytime she went out of my classroom. ayoko talaga magpa-iwan. as in i did resort to literally clinging on her hands, legs, waist, etc. everytime she walked out. due to my insistent demand of not being away from my lola, my teacher bargained with me. she let my lola stay in the room on the condition that i won't be crying too loud and interrupting her lessons. what a low-lifer i had been! plus, i was the only one who brought bottled milk or Sustagen chocolate for recess time. hahaha. FYI, my then pre-school teacher is now a member of the team principal! o 'di ba! during my hs graduation, i remember her saying to me, "kathlyn, you were such a cry baby before. now, you're graduating na! time really slips so fast." i was so embarassed. naaalala pa pala niya 'yun! my lola spent a week in my class listening to number countings and nursery rhymes - just for a week! everytime she remembers it, she'd say to me, "bumalik ako ng nursery for a week para lang sa 'yo." and then we'd laugh.





wonderin' what made me shut my mouth from crying? it's none other than a so-large can of Birch Tree! weeks before the start of classes, i was bugging my lola to buy Birch Tree instead of Promil for my milk. i was so aliw with the commercial of the gutierrez twins. they were the endorsers of Birch Tree during that time. ewan ko ba, feeling ko kasi before, if i'd stop using Promil, it would signify na malaki na ako. it's really funny how children tend to think innocently 'di ba. but after i consumed my first can of Birch Tree, they went back to buying Promil. i was deceived! Promil Kid ako. hindi nga lang gifted! lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home