Friday, November 18, 2005

no title

Author unknown





My husband is an Engineer by profession, I love
him for his steady
nature, and I love the warm feeling when I lean
against his broad
shoulders.


Three years of courtship and now, two years into
marriage, I would
have to admit, that I am getting tired of it. The
reasons of me
loving him before, has now transformed into the
cause of all my
restlessness.



I am a sentimental woman and extremely sensitive
when it comes to a
relationship and my feelings, I yearn for the
romantic moments, like
a little girl yearning for candy. My husband, is my
complete
opposite, his lack of sensitivity, and the inability of
bringing
romantic moments into our marriage has
disheartened me about love.

One day, I finally decided to tell him my decision,
that I wanted a
divorce.

"Why?" he asked, shocked.



"I am tired, there are no reasons for everything in
the world!" I
answered.



He kept silent the whole night, seems to be in
deep thought with a
lighted cigarette at all times. My feeling of
disappointment only
increased, here was a man who can't even express
his predicament,
what else can I hope from him? And finally he
asked me:" What can I
do to change your mind?"

Somebody said it right, it's hard to change a
person's personality,
and I guess, I have started losing faith in him.
Looking deep into
his eyes I slowly answered :
"Here is the question, if you can answer and
convince my heart, I
will change my mind, Let's say, I want a flower
located on the face
of a mountain cliff, and we both are sure that
picking the flower
will cause your death, will you do it for me?"



He said : " I will give you your answer tomorrow...."
My hopes just sank by listening to his response.

I woke up the next morning to find him gone, and
saw a piece of
paper with his scratchy handwriting, underneath a
milk glass, on the
dining table near the front door, that goes....
My dear, "I would not pick that flower for you, but
please allow me
to explain the reasons further.."



This first line was already breaking my heart. I
continued reading.

"When you use the computer you always mess up
the Software programs,
and you cry in front of the screen, I have to save
my fingers so
that I can help to restore the programs. You
always leave the house
keys behind, thus I have to save my legs to rush
home to open the
door for you. You love traveling but always lose
your way in a new
city, I have to save my eyes to show you the way.
You always have
the cramps whenever your "good friend"
approaches every month, I
have to save my palms so that I can calm the
cramps in your tummy.
You like to stay indoors, and I worry that you will
be infected by
infantile autism. I have to save my mouth to tell
you jokes and
stories to cure your boredom. You always stare at
the computer, and
that will do nothing good for your eyes, I have to
save my eyes so
that when we grow old, I can help to clip your
nails, and help to
remove those annoying white hairs. So I can also
hold your hand
while strolling down the beach, as you enjoy the
sunshine and the
beautiful sand... and tell you the color of flowers,
just like the
color of the glow on your young face...
Thus, my dear, unless I am sure that there is
someone who loves you
more than I do... I could not pick that flower yet,
and die.. "

My tears fell on the letter, and blurred the ink of his
handwriting... and as I continue on reading... "Now,
that you have
finished reading my answer, if you are satisfied,
please open the
front door for I am standing outside bringing your
favorite bread
and fresh milk... I rush to pull open the door, and
saw his anxious
face, clutching tightly with his hands, the milk
bottle and loaf of
bread....

Now I am very sure that no one will ever love me as
much as he does,
and I have decided to leave the flower alone...

That's life, and love. When one is surrounded by
love, the feeling
of excitement fades away, and one tends to ignore
the true love that
lies in between the peace and dullness.

Love shows up in all forms, even very small and
cheeky forms, it has
never been a model, it could be the most dull and
boring form.. .
flowers, and romantic moments are only used and
appear on the
surface of the relationship. Under all this, the pillar
of true love
stands... and that's our life...



Love, not words win arguments...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home