Saturday, June 18, 2005

Ditto!






slacking at 2am, i suddenly wanna have the same penchant for poetry as what pablo neruda had. for the very, very first time, i found myself falling in love with an uncheezy love poem. this is so malufet! i swear it's not the so elementary-ish lovey dovey poems. this one's worth the read!





Sonnet 17 by Pablo Neruda





"I don't love you as if you were the salt-rose, topaz

or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:

I love you as certain dark things are loved,

secretly, between the shadow and the soul.





I love you as the plant that doesn't bloom and carries

hidden within itself the light of those flowers,

and thanks to your love, darkly in my body

lives the dense fragrance that rises from the earth.





I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where,

I love you simply, without problems or pride:

I love you in this way because I don't know any other way of loving





but this, in which there is no I or you,

so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand,

so intimate that when I fall asleep it is your eyes that close."






ditz mode. i want to believe that this is almost-but-not-quite soooooo me. hahaha. i guess i'll forever be the hopeless romantic freak i am. i'm kind of inspired to get an english 12 class next sem tuloy. i still have one AH GE subject! wala lang, i suddenly felt like i can actually bear the burdens of scrutinizing and digesting every bit of world literature. haha. yikes. but i know myself more than anyone does. my drive of pursuing a pure reading-and-analysis subject will forever be just an inspiration.





i'm supposed to read my finance, managerial accounting, and HBO books now, but here i am, blogging! glecy, sabi na nga ba mahihirapan akong gawin ang resolution ko! harharhar. i hate the fact that UP Diliman ruins my skin. swear! there are times that i only get 2 hours of sleep. haay. how i wish i was gifted with stress-surviving hormones! sometimes i want to live in a campus dorm na lang so i could save my travel time. but i don't wanna give up the conveniences i have at home. i won't and never ever will!





cramming is my life. but i am aware that slacking off shouldn't be a pretext in my journey of "experiencing life." so there, i'll try not to cram even just for this semester!





nothing extraordinary happened today. i've spent my day living as quintessential as the others were. i hit the mic for three hours! haha. as in ako lang yung kumakanta. extra lang si papa minsan. that's how we bond. we share the same passion for music. i wouldn't have stopped abusing the microphone if i didn't realize na may handaan pala at our neighbor's house. hehehe. so embarassing.





my dad asked me to buy him kitchie nadal's album. hahaha. kewlness. recently, a day didn't pass without him telling me how he really likes kitchie's music. "ang galing talaga niyang si kitchie nadal, may sariling style. unique ang boses. blah, blah, blah." actually, he mistook her as a foreign singer. he even asked me to sing 'bulong' kanina. as if naman there's a kitchie nadal song in the songlist eh recently lang nag bloom si kitchie! hahaha. haay, si papa talaga.





a father's day greeting to the one and only man of my life! i love you, papa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home