Saturday, November 26, 2005

Looking Back

I'm soooooooooo tired. I had my general cleaning for my whole room after million gazillion years. Haha. Worse, I am not yet done with it. Now I'm feeling my dear scolio taking its toll. Poor kat. :(

Amidst a couple of rounds of skimming and throwing papers, I got hold of some of my poems back in high school. Long-forgotten ones, if I may say. I don't really like writing poems, which I think makes me have a hard time remembering them even if they were my own. I wouldn't have given time writing poems if they weren't required. Hmmmmm.. Come to think of it, I never really did write a poem just for the sake of pleasure! I usually would just content myself reading novels or short stories, but not poems. ;P

So there, I'm posting two of my forcedly-written poems. I think I was in 2nd or 3rd yr high school back then.

Due to lack of title, I call this 'the mushy poem.'


I wished, you prayed
... we met.

I hoped, you waited
... we came along.

I smiled, you grinned
... we understood.

I listened, you talked
... we communicated.

I wrote, you sang
... we made music.

I cried, you consoled
... we got stronger.

I laughed, you chuckled
... we bonded.

I struggled, you fought
... we got braver.

I pondered, you reminisced
... we cherished.

I trusted, you cared
... we loved.

Hala, ako ba talaga nagsulat nito? Reality check. Ang corny ko pala talaga. Hehehe. Justifiable naman eh, high school pa lang ako niyan. :P
And here's the other one...

The Awakening

I am of my youth
carefree, exhuberant

But still
...worried of the struggles I'll fight
...worried of the voyage I'll take

DARKNESS...
filled my mind
scathed my insides
loathed my endeavors
prepared my pillory

Here I am,
still gaping...

LIGHT...
avenged my staleness
recovered my sanity
headed my awakening

There, at least ito medyo hindi corny. hehehe. Sleepy na ako. Baboof! :D

1 Comments:

Blogger zelina said...

Tsk, tsk.

Emo ka talaga.

Like mmmeeeeeee!

And let's drink to that!;)

28/11/05 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home